The holiday season is upon us, so you’ll no doubt be brimming with excitement about getting away for some well-deserved rest.
However, before you start packing your bags, you may want to think about how certain business processes will be dealt with while you are away, not least your Direct Debit transactions.
To ensure a seamless and stress-free handover to your team, there’s plenty to consider. Preparing for a holiday can feel pretty arduous, but the benefit will come in actually being able to relax while you are away, rather than keeping half an eye on your inbox!
Managing your financial processes
Priority number one, is of course ensuring that the finances are in order. We’d recommend you consider the below before you jet off:
- Check that important processing dates don’t get missed.
- Ensure salaries and wages are paid if your holiday falls around pay day.
- We advise that you upload your payments to the London & Zurich Direct Debit Portal before you leave.
- In addition to payments, we also recommend that you upload any billing files.
- Let London & Zurich know who to contact in your absence. You may want to provide a generic email address such as info@…
- Leave petty cash or a company card for any essential purchases your team may need to make in your absence.
The Bacs website also has a number of other useful tips on how to cover your Bacs processes during the holiday period.
Maintaining business as usual
Continuity is a strong benchmark for whether or not your time away was well managed and the team were able to perform in your absence. Here are a few key things to plan for to ensure the business performs while you’re away:
- Holiday cover – make sure you have planned enough resource to prevent customers feeling that your absence is at the detriment of service.
- Have a contingency in place for someone in your team to open and lock up.
- Leave a key contacts sheet so that staff can escalate any issues directly, rather than always having to go to you.
- Establish projections and targets for the team before you leave, so that they are clear on expectations.
Direct Debit Management with London & Zurich
The experts at London & Zurich can help guide you through the processes, technicalities and problems that can impact your organisation. By looking after your payment processes, you won’t have to worry about late payments or shortfalls in your cash flow. Contact us on 0121 234 7999 today to find out how we can keep your business moving.